Monday, November 17, 2008

Guangzhou- day 3

Greeting from Guangzhou! Another beautiful day here, I must say. I'm not used to wonderful weather in November!! Haha when we get back to Colorado, the November weather will be a shock! But, I'm going to enjoy this weather for all it's worth!

Right now, we're watching this TV show called "Just Go!". It's like this show where a bunch of people try to get through different obstical courses. It's pretty funny! The whole family is watching it... we all like it.

But, today wasn't about the TV. Just so everyone knows, my day (and Cassie and Nikki) was pretty different than our parents and Josh and Amy... at least for most of the day. Oh, and see? I got some pictures!!! Too bad I didn't think to take many pictures today.... tomorrow will be better!

The Morning

This morning, my parent had to go get some pictures of Amy for her paperwork. So, Cassie and I had to work on some more homework (bleh). I had to e-mail some of my teachers, since I'm feeling rather lost in the subject (if there's any Trig lovers, I don't get it!). This part of the morning was pretty dull...

After my parents did that, my dad had to do some paperwork. One of the people in our traveling group didn't have anyone to stay with her baby, so Cassie and Nikki went over and watched little Jack. But, my dad was done before everyone else, so we decided to go look at some stuff while Cassie and Nikki babysat.

We headed out... the best part of the morning? I GOT STARBUCKS!!! Yes, I may be in China, but my Starbucks was calling me. I got a Dark Cherry Mocha Frappachino... oh, it was delicious! My dad also got Starbucks... (my mom, Amy, and Josh all got tea or soda from 7-Eleven).

After we got our drinks, we headed over to this little store called "Jordans". There, I got some chopsticks.

Later

This afternoon, my parents had to take Amy to a medical examination. They took Josh, too, and said that us 3 girls were welcome to look around the island (Guangzhou is technically an island, just so you know... but it's surrounded by a river!).

We were happy for this offer, and headed out almost as soon as they were gone! We spent our time doing some souvenier shopping, which was really fun.

The people in the shops are so eager to sell to you! Their favorite phrase must be "I give you special price!" If you show any interest in a product, they catch on and try to sell it. More often than not, you can get a pretty good price. (I really stink at the haggling thing, so I don't- the price they offer is pretty much what I take).

I spent way more than I intended today! And yes, I did find something to add to my musical collection (oh, no surprise here). Today's purchase was this set of cool looking bells. I like it a lot! I also bought some bracelets and fans...

We must have been out for over two hours just looking around in the shops (multiple times per shop) and talking and laughing. We had so much fun!

Tonight

After dinner today, we all headed over to this shop called "Home for Love". It's like our favorite spot! The people that work there are so nice and love Josh. We take our laundry there, too.

But, on our way home from dinner (we ate at this Italian restaurant... the BEST 4-cheese pizza ever!) we stopped over there. My parents got Josh this toy (can't think of what they're called right now- but you kick them around).

One of the girls that work there took Josh outside and began playing with him. Pretty soon, us Flatt sisters joined their game. After that, our parents joined. We had quite the game going! Before long, some people from our travel group joined us, too. We had so much fun!

Josh kept kicking it behind him. Cass was being a major spaz. Nikki and I kept like flinching whenever it would come to us. It was so much fun! There was this car that was behind us and the toy kept hitting it... no scratches though! But we were in constant fear!!!

Conclusion

So, this marks the end of my Monday post. I did include a picture of my musical collection (minus the bells). Sorry, the picture is sideways.... The Chinese violin is the long thing, the bamboo flute is in the front, and the last thing is the bamboo calabash.

Miss ya and love ya all!!! We're leaving on Friday.... almost 3 days!!!!




No comments: