Thursday, November 13, 2008

ALOT to say!!!

Ok, I'm sorry!!! I will warn you that this post will be full. Hopefully, I won't become to wordy and talkative (as I tend to do). But, since I forgot to blog yesterday, I have a lot to say! Feel free to skim through if you're short on time... I will not be offended!!! Oh, and also, I apologize for the spacing farther down... Blogspot and I aren't getting along too well with that issue.

So starting out with....
Yesterday (Wednesday)

The Orphanage

The first thing on the agenda for yesterday was that we were going to visit Amy Meng's orphanage. I wasn't expecting what I saw.

I have no clue what I was expecting. But when we got there, the place looked like it was literally falling apart. The paint was peeling, the buildings were cold. And honestly, the place looked like a prison. There was even the bars on the windows!

But the people there were so nice. You could tell that the director and the nannies at the orphanage were doing the best that they could with the situation. They all seemed content with it, too.

The hardest part of the day was when we were about to leave the orphanage... Amy and all the people that worked at the orphanage began crying. I think everyone around them (my family and the other family with us, too) was crying also.

It was obvious that the people there all loved Amy just as much as we do. But saying goodbye is never easy.... it was really proven yesterday. I think that was the only day I've cried about the adoption at all.

Guess it's gonna have to hurt
Guess I'm gonna have to cry
....
Starts with goodbye

The School

Right after going to the orphanage, we headed over to her school. As soon as we got there, she was off running to her old classroom, leaving us in the dust.
When she arrived in her class, we could all tell because there was cheering!!! After about a minute, they all began rushing outside, where we were.
There were so many of them!! We were told that in Amy's class, there was 49 kids. Haha, and I thought my class with 35ish kids was huge!!! And apparently, this school is a smaller school!
While we were there, apparently we were an interesting sight for the kids. Seriously, it wouldn't have been a good situation for a claustrophobic person- they were swarming us! But they were all so cute!!! What most of the kids would do is run up to us and say "Hello!" and then if we'd respond to their greeting, they'd run away, giggling.
The Markets
After we got back from the orphanage and school, and after we had lunch, we decided to take a walk down to some of the little shops nearby.
It's unlike any shopping experience in the USA. Obviously, the shopping would be easier if it weren't all in Chinese ;)
Oh, btw this picture is of an alley-like thing that sold produce... not actually part of the shops, but it gives you an insight on how Zhengzhou is- a little bit on the poor side. But, it's interesting to see the differences in our cultures.
The only thing we bought on this outing was a Tupperware (yes, the ACTUAL brand) for Amy Meng's noodles, so we don't have to keep borrowing a bowl from the buffet downstairs.
The end to yesterday....
Today!!!
The Museum
Today, our main adventure was heading down to some museum. It was pretty cool!!! But, I can't remember what it was called.... I seem to forget a lot of things, just a warning.


This is us outside of it. Well, I think that's obvious.... oh well though.

My favorite room in the museum was this room that was all displays of the calligraphy and ancient art. I could have looked at them forever! It was one of those things that really makes you wish you could write using the Chinese characters.
The Park
This was by far the most fun I've had in a while! When you get to this park, it seems all quiet and calm. There's a lake in the middle and the whole place is full of greenness.
But, when you cross the street into the other side of the park, there's a public workout place!!! Seriously, it was awesome!! Pretty much, there was everything except a treadmill! But, it was made of mostly mettle... and it was yellow... but besides that, it was awesome!
Honostly, I think the best part about it was attempting to use it. There was this one thing (oh... I forget what they're called... but the thingys that like move with your legs??? They swing... I can't believe I don't remember what they're called!) which we looked like complete dorks using.
Seriously, I had like no control over my legs. So they're like swinging all over and I couldn't stop them!! My mom and Cass were doing this at the same time, and they had better control than I did. But, apparently like everybody behind us was watching us and giving us these weird looks (or so I am told by Nikki). On the other side of the fence around the park, there was a guy with his camera. Us Americans must be quite amusing!!
We had a bigger crowd later though, when a whole bunch of people began talking to my dad and Amy Meng. I would tell you what the conversation was about, but I couldn't understand like any of it. I do know that they were asking our ages... when I was asked, Amy had to tell me what the lady was asking. Nikki, Cass, and my dad were all asked that, too.
Overall, it was a pretty fun day. Tomorrow, so far, we have no plans. I suppose Cassie and I will work some more on homework (I've completely finished my Civics and Spanish homework... and I'm getting closer to being done with my Trig/Pre-Calc homework, my Biology homework, and my English homework! Yay!! lol)
Well, ttyl!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Don't know if you read these comments.... but just wanted you to know that I am reading all of your posts! Everynightafter i tuck the boys in, i run and check both blogs! Thanks so much for blogging!

Kim